DO YOU HAVE A FEAR OF THE DENTIST?
Is a fear of the dentist controlling your dental health?
You are not alone as at least 60% of the population in Ireland suffer from anxiety either, before or during their dental visit. The highest level of anxiety recorded is when people are sitting in the waiting area before going into the surgery.Kreativ Dental Clinic in Budapest are highly experienced in this area, dealing with patients who suffer from high levels of anxiety and we have much empathy for nervous patients. Kreativ Dental have even installed ipads on each chair in the waiting room so patients can check emails, surf the web or just a basic distraction.
Our clinic treats 1000’s of patients with dental anxieties/phobias and Many have not attended a dentist for many years and require large restorative treatments such as dental implants, dental crowns and bridges, periodontal treatment, extraction and a wide range of other restorative and conservative treatment. You will not receive ‘patch-up work’ at the clinic. Our patients will receive dental treatment which will last a lifetime, with good oral care and hygiene.
The empathy from our dentists, our patient care manager and all staff at the clinic, goes beyond their call of duty to help patients with any fears, anxieties and concerns. This accompanied with the wonderful relaxing surroundings where you can forget all your anxieties while watching and counting the fish in our very large aquariums.
Those of us who have had bad experiences do not want to experience them again.
At Kreativ Dental Clinic, we use The Wand System, this is essentially a computer-controlled dental injection. The flow rate of the local anaesthetic is controlled by a computer. This means that the injection is guaranteed to be slow and steady and therefore comfortable. At Kreativ Dental clinic we pride ourselves in pain free dentistry.
Dentistry should not be painful. When it is invasive, our dentists will always use pain relief to make the experience as comfortable as possible. Whether you are receiving Dental Crowns, Dental Implants, Porcelain Bridges, Periondontal Treatment, Composite Fillings, Dentures or Root Canal treatment pain relief is of the essence.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR DENTAL VISIT A LESS STRESSFUL ONE FOR YOU
1. Agree on a hand signal with your dentist so that if you do become anxious they can indicate for the dental treatment to stop for a moment. Our dentist will always suggest this prior to treatment beginning.
2. Ask your dentist to provide regular reassurance and explanations about what he is doing at each stage during the procedure, eg dental crown/bridge/implant being placed or that they have been placed.
3. Ask can you be allowed to handle the suction instrument if possible.
4. Maybe ask a friend or family member to accompany you to the appointment.
5. Ask for extra time for your appointments.
6. Maybe bring some music and headphones to your next appointment.
7. Focus on breathing regularly.
8. Above all, communicate with your dentist. Our dentists do understand your fears and want to help you.
For more information why not contact us today and discuss your Dental treatment options